Our chiropractors and the rest of our team at Westport Chiropractic and Acupuncture know that problems with your feet can seriously impair your ability to live your life. Here are some things you need to know about the chiropractic treatment of Plantar Fasciitis.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
The plantar fascia is a ligament that connects your heels and toes. It can become weak, swollen, and inflamed. When this happens, the bottom of your heel and foot hurts when you stand or walk. This pain is most noticeable when you first wake up or have been sitting for a long time.
Plantar Fasciitis pain tends to be stabbing and sharp. Anyone can get it regardless of age but is most common among middle-aged people.
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
Chiropractic treatment for inflamed plantar fascia involves precise adjustments to the feet and ankle as well as spinal adjustment.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Reduced Stress in the Plantar Fascia – Inflamed or stressed ligaments can cause small tears in the tissue, which then causes the pain of Plantar Fasciitis. Chiropractic adjustments made to the foot and heel relieve pressure on the Plantar Fasciitis which allows it to relax.
- Faster Healing – Once stress is reduced to the plantar fascia ligament, the foot begins to heal. Your chiropractor may also recommend special exercises that help to stretch the ligament and further promote healing.
- Effective Pain Management – A spinal adjustment promotes better communication between nerves and brain, which in turn enables the central nervous system to function more efficiently.
- Reduced Risk of Further Injury – A person with this condition often adjusts their gait in an attempt to avoid pain. That puts stress on other parts of the body. That stress can lead to back pain, strained muscles, sore joints, and various other problems. Our whole-body approach to healing enables you to stand and walk properly to avoid further injury and discomfort.
- Improved Posture – Chiropractic treatment can help correct your posture, so you have a natural gait when you walk and run. This takes some pressure off of your plantar fascia and feet.
Chiropractic Care in Westport
Plantar fasciitis often takes several weeks or months to heal. However, prompt treatment helps you to manage paid more effectively and heal faster. Regular chiropractic adjustments also help ensure the condition does not become chronic. By working with our chiropractor and following their recommendations, you can lessen your pain and improve your healing.
Call us to learn more about chiropractic treatment for Plantar Fasciitis or to schedule an appointment with our Westport chiropractor.