Discover Relief from Your Chronic Pain with
Our Westport Chiropractic Team
Chronic pain, generally defined as pain lasting on most or all days of the week for at least three consecutive months, can completely take the wind out of your sails. It can cause you to miss work, struggle with mental health, and even strain your personal relationships. Relief from chronic pain is possible, and you don't have to rely on invasive and expensive procedures to get you there. At Westport Chiropractic and Acupuncture, it's our mission to help our patients get to the bottom of their chronic pain so they can start feeling and functioning better soon.
The Chronic Pain Crisis in America
According to the CDC, 1 in 5 Americans live with chronic pain. Why is it so common? A combination of factors are at play, ranging from environmental toxins to lifestyle. Common diagnoses we see among our patients with chronic pain include:
- Scar tissue formation and adhesions
- Chronic muscle spasms
- Post-stroke pain
- Diabetic nerve pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Sciatica and other nerve compression syndromes
- Lumbar spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, and other types of chronic low back pain
There may not even be any clear diagnosis or underlying "why" behind some people's chronic pain, even though their pain is very real. Sadly, the more pain a person feels, the less likely it is he'll stay active, and sedentary activity can actually make pain worse because we need strong muscles, pliable joints, a healthy cardiovascular system, and great circulation to feel our best.
What are you to do if you're in so much pain that even getting out of bed is a struggle?
3 Ways Chiropractic Care Is Beneficial for Chronic Pain
Here are three top reasons why working with a chiropractor to address your chronic pain is so beneficial:
- We use drug-free treatments. Absolutely no medications that come with side effects or the risk of addiction are included in chiropractic treatment.
- We identify and address the root cause of your pain. Rather than masking symptoms, we use diagnostic techniques to pinpoint the source of your pain so you get longer lasting pain.
- Our services are natural and proven effective. Safe for people of all ages, chiropractic care techniques like spinal adjustments can "reset" your nervous system and trigger natural pain relievers in your very own body. Other research-supported services we offer include acupuncture, cold laser therapy, spinal decompression, corrective exercises, weight loss management, and even lifestyle and nutritional counseling.
Are You Losing Sleep Over Your Chronic Pain?
You deserve to feel good every day. Contact Westport Chiropractic and Acupuncture at (203) 227-4474 to schedule an initial consultation today with our chiropractic team.